DataMask by AOL
DataMask by AOL safeguards your online identity and every keystroke when you shop, browse, bank or communicate online.
DataMask provides patented keystroke protection technology, using multiple specialized techniques that block attackers aiming to steal data entered by a user. Attackers receive either no data or false data that is “fed” to them by DataMask. The “Scrambler” feature is inserted into a user’s browser and shows the actual keystrokes being replaced by alternate keystrokes, providing a visual display of how user entries are being continuously protected. Patent-pending proactive and custom phishing protection detects phishing sites the very first time they are loaded by a user and is trained to identify phishing sites that are designed to mimic major brands’ sites. The phishing protection automatically identifies a scam site and overlays a warning page to inform the user, helping to prevent data theft. Download DataMask to help protect you and your private information online while you surf the Web.
• Protects every keystroke as you type
• Safeguards passwords, credit cards, private identity info and more
• Prevents you from being lured to fake phishing sites that steal your data
• Protects you while online banking, shopping, social networking, instant messaging and more
• Helps stop electronic identity theft
• Blocks data-stealing malware that takes pictures of your data and tries to steal it
• Attackers are “fed” either no data or false data
• Watch every keystroke you type actively being protected by the “Scrambler” feature that is inserted into your browser
• Detects phishing sites designed to mimic major brands’ sites the very first time you encounter them
• Receive a monthly report that details what data has been protected
1. Download. Click "Get Started Now" on your confirmation page or confirmation email to download DataMask and begin the installation process. Click "Save File” to save DataMask to your computer’s desktop.
2. Run. Go to DataMask on your desktop and double click to launch the installation process. Below are the steps you will see and what you should click to install and run DataMask:
a. Go to Windows or your desktop to open the DataMask file. A Security Warning will pop up. Click “Run.”
b. The User Account Control page appears next. Click “Yes/Continue.”
c. The DataMask Welcome setup screen appears next. Click “Next.”
d. The License Agreement appears next. Click “I Agree.”
e. The software will then install and your set up is complete. Click “Finish & Restart the system.”
3. Congratulations! Your DataMask by AOL has now been downloaded to your computer and is ready to use.
• Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista and 7