McAfee® Internet Security
PRICE$4.95 / mo
Powerful protection that's simple and easy to use.
McAfee® Internet Security uses award-winning technology to help secure your PC against viruses, spyware, hackers, scammers, ID thieves and other cybercriminals. It updates automatically to combat new threats, but runs silently in the background so it won't interrupt you. Plus, enjoy unlimited chat and email assistance!.
1. Download. Click "Get Started Now" on your confirmation page or confirmation email to download McAfee® Internet Security and begin the installation process. When prompted with the File Download - Security Warning for DMSetup.exe, click "Run". When prompted with the Internet Explorer security warning, click "Run" again.
2. Login. You might be prompted to log in to a McAfee® Security Center window. Use the same email address and password that you used above. Select "McAfee® Internet Security" for installation. If you want to customize the products to be installed, click "Custom", and then click "Next".
2. Install. To install the complete suite, click "Next". After the download process completes, on the Options screen, click "Next". After the installation has completed, click "Finish". In most cases a restart is not necessary, but you are advised to do so at your earliest convenience.
3. Run McAfee® Internet Security. The Home Screen gives you all the information you need at a glance. And you’re never more than one click away from it, which eliminates popup windows and makes for easy navigation. Simplified alerts and scan results make it easier than ever to protect your PC.
- Operating Systems: Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher; Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) with Service Pack 1 (SP1); Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit); Compatible with Windows XP; Compatible with Windows; Vista Compatible with Windows7
- Browsers (for Anti-Phishing): Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later; Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or later; Google Chrome 6 or later
- Hardware: 1 GHz processor or higher; 800 × 600 or higher resolution; 512 MB RAM or higher for Windows XP; 2 GB RAM for Vista/Windows 7; 400 MB of available free drive space; Internet connection
- Email Programs: POP3 – Windows Mail, Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, IncrediMail and Thunderbird; MAPI – Outlook; Web – MSN/Hotmail, or email account with POP3 access
- Requirements for Anti-Spam Toolbar Plug-In: Outlook Express 6.0 or later; Windows Mail; Outlook 2000 or later; Eudora 6.0 or later; Thunderbird 1.5 or later; Anti-Spam also supports any other POP3 email client (without SSL) and web accounts (MSN/Hotmail paid accounts and accounts with POP3 access)