McAfee® Total Protection
PRICE$5.99 / mo
With the daily emergence of new and more sophisticated Internet threats that could disrupt your digital life, you need more than a simple anti-virus program to protect yourself, your computer, and your family. You need feature-rich and simple-to-use McAfee ® Total Protection software. McAfee® Active Protection technology provides instant protection and the highest detection rates against today’s threats. This new technology is able to recognize unknown viruses -- stopping new threats instantly.
- McAfee SiteAdvisor® technology indicates website safety before you click, with red, yellow, or green color codes.
- McAfee® runs silently in the background and has accelerated performance so you can play games, watch videos and be productive without interruption.
- Identity theft protection, anti-phishing, and SiteAdvisor software all help keep your identity safe as you shop, bank or trade stocks online.
- Protect important files, photos, and more with Automatic Online Backup with up to 2 GB of storage.
- Secure valuable files with McAfee® Anti-Theft File Protection.
- Parental controls allow you to limit where and when your kids go online.
- New battery mode decreases laptop power consumption by deferring power-hungry scans until your PC is plugged in.
- Online account management lets you easily add other PCs to your subscription.
- QuickClean safely removes junk files that can slow your PC and take up space on your hard drive.
1. Download. Click "Get Started Now" on your confirmation page or confirmation email to download McAfee® Total Protection and begin the installation process. When prompted with the File Download - Security Warning for DMSetup.exe, click "Run". When prompted with the Internet Explorer security warning, click "Run" again.
2. Login. You might be prompted to log in to a McAfee® Security Center window. Use the same email address and password that you used above. Select "McAfee® Total Protection" for installation. If you want to customize the products to be installed, click "Custom", and then click "Next".
2. Install. To install the complete suite, click "Next". After the download process completes, on the Options screen, click "Next". After the installation has completed, click "Finish". In most cases a restart is not necessary, but you are advised to do so at your earliest convenience.
3. Run McAfee® Total Protection. The Home Screen gives you all the information you need at a glance. And you’re never more than one click away from it, which eliminates popup windows and makes for easy navigation. Simplified alerts and scan results make it easier than ever to protect your PC.
- Operating Systems: Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher; Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) with Service Pack 1 (SP1); Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit);
- Browsers (for Anti-Phishing): Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later; Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or later; Google Chrome 6 or later
- Hardware: 1 GHz processor or higher; 800 × 600 or higher resolution; 512 MB RAM or higher for Windows XP; 2 GB RAM for Vista/Windows 7; 400 MB of available free drive space; Internet connection
- Email Programs: POP3 – Windows Mail, Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, IncrediMail and Thunderbird; MAPI – Outlook; Web – MSN/Hotmail, or email account with POP3 access
- Instant Messaging Programs: AOL Instant Messenger 2.1 or later; Yahoo Messenger 4.1 or later; Microsoft Windows; Messenger 3.6 or later; MSN Messenger 6.0 or later
- Requirements for Anti-Spam Toolbar Plug-In: Outlook Express 6.0 or later; Windows Mail; Outlook 2000 or later; Eudora 6.0 or later; Thunderbird 1.5 or later; Anti-Spam also supports any other POP3 email client (without SSL) and web accounts (MSN/Hotmail paid accounts and accounts with POP3 access)