AOL Computer Checkup
Nobody likes a slow computer.
AOL Computer Checkup analyzes how to improve your PC’s performance then runs a detailed diagnostic to identify and fix any issues it may be having. All of this is done silently in the background, so you can proceed with business as usual knowing your PC is optimized. For advanced users, AOL Computer Checkup includes a suite of utilities that allow for further fine-tuning of your PC experience.
• Smart PC care: Analyzes what is needed to improve your PC’s performance, then runs a sophisticated diagnostic to identify and fix your PC issues
• PC Health desktop gadget: Provides easy, one-click care right from the desktop, awareness of important system health and information, and quick access to battery optimization
• Disk cleaners and optimizers: Removes temporary files and other junk files that are left behind on your PC when you delete applications and files, to help free up space, improve start-up time and overall performance
• Registry repairs: Defragments and removes debris from this complex but crucial Windows file
• Backup and recovery: Recovers accidentally deleted files and data, and performs local backups to your PC, so important files and documents are never lost
• Privacy protection: Removes traces of Internet browsing history and other privacy traces, and locks up sensitive files with encryption so you and your PC are protected
• Security scan: Examines and provides overall system security status for your PC’s anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall, and checks your PC for the latest Windows Update software, to help keep your PC safe from malicious threats
• Battery life optimizer: Checks battery status and enhances power settings for longer battery life
1. Download. Click "Get Started Now" on your confirmation page or confirmation email to download AOL Computer Checkup and begin the installation process. Click "Save File", and then double-click the "AOLComputerCheckupDM.exe" file that saved to your computer.
2. Run. Click "Run", then click "Run" again. Then, click "Next". After reading the "License Agreement", click "I accept the agreement". Then, click "Next".
3. Confirm. In the "Enter Email Address" text box, type the email address that you used to sign up for this great product. Then, click "Next".
4. Congratulations! Your AOL Computer Checkup has now been downloaded to your computer and is ready to use. You can begin the system analysis process by clicking "Smart PC Care" in the AOL Computer Checkup" window.
"Once I downloaded Computer Checkup, it rid my computer of… junk that slowed it down. It had my computer running quickly in no time and was really easy to use." -- Lauren L.
"They took care of my computer issues without the computer having to leave my home!"-- Karen P.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 8/ Windows 7/ Vista/ Windows XP (either 32 or 64 bit)
- Browsers: Internet Explorer 6.0 with Service Pack 2 or later
- Hardware: 512 MB of RAM and 150 MB of disk space