Virus Removal & Repair
TechGuru is on-call to fix any computer, any issue...anytime
Virus Removal & Repair provides a reliable tech expert to remove damaging viruses, fix system crashes, operating issues, system errors and a host of other virus-related problems. Our experts are on call, day or night, making virus removal and repairs convenient for you. As long as you can connect to the Internet, our support tech experts will locate and remove viruses, restoring your computer to its peak performance. They work live, over the phone and through your Internet using our secure remote technology, so there's no need to take your computer in for service or wait for a technician to come to your home.
• Diagnose and remove viruses, spyware and other malware.
• Restore your existing antivirus protection if it has been disabled by an attack.
• Enhance performance by removing unnecessary files and operating system functions that take up memory and space.
• Adjust key settings to improve data processing.
• Configure your security software and settings, including antivirus/antispyware and firewall.
• Install the latest patches and updates for your operating system.
1. Call. Phone one of our US and Canadian based tech experts and describe the computer problem or the assistance you need.
2. Connect. Our expert will guide you through a quick process to install software that enables our tech experts to remotely work on your computer over the Internet.
3. Fix. Sit back, relax, and watch while we take care of your computer.
4. Disconnect. You control the connection between you and our tech expert. Once your computer has been fixed, simply disconnect the remote connection. For added security, our remote technology software automatically uninstalls from your computer.
"My tech expert was professional and to the point in explaining his actions. Great job!" -- Robert W.
"It was excellent and I don't think it could be better. Thanks!" -- Dolores D.
"My tech expert did a great job and answered all of my questions!"-- Edith L.
"Recently, I had a very positive experience with the AOL TechGuru service. First, the tech went through all the AOL Tools to rid my computer of several viruses. He spent over 2 1/2 hours cleaning up a lot of garbage. He also installed the free McAfee virus protection software from AOL. And, while that was installing he installed the free Microsoft Office 'compatibility patch', so when someone sends me an e-mail with a .docx attachment, I can now open and read the attachment. He called me three times to check on things and make sure he completed everything I needed. The tech was most helpful and I feel I got more than my money's worth in service. I filled out the service survey and gave him and excellent rating in all areas. I plan to use some more of the AOL TechGuru services now that I've got some experience. I'm a happy camper! Thanks again."-- Patricia R.
Support is offered for the following systems
- PC and Mac
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Mac OS 10.5 and above
- Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Microsoft Mail, Microsoft Entourage, or Mac Mail. NOTE: User must have access to ISP login/password information.
- Internet Explorer version 5.5 or later, Firefox version 2 or later. NOTE: Other browsers may not be supported.
Additional System Requirements and Service Limitations
- Must be able to connect to the Internet to receive remote service
- Must have active and up-to-date anti-virus software
- Does not support installation or setup of new devices, only troubleshooting of software driver problems associated with devices already installed and previously functioning
- Does not cover online services or games, beta software, hardware issues, domain or password resets or “how to” training
- Service must be used within 180 days from the day of purchase