How it Works
Download, install and run AOL Computer Checkup now for a faster, cleaner, and more secure PC.
AOL Computer Checkup is a smart, simple way to help keep your PC optimized and secure — repairing file fragments and cluttered registries that can slow you down and compromise your security. Your computer needs regular maintenance to help it run like new. AOL Computer Checkup is easy for beginners to run, but plenty powerful for advanced users.
- Improve performance: It's like having a geek on call 24/7 who knows every bit and byte of your computer.
- Clean the hard drive: Rearrange data on your hard disk so it can be accessed faster.
- Optimize your hard drive: Remove temporary, junk and duplicate files to free up space and improve performance.
- Back up data: Back up important files and documents locally for easy recovery.
- Registry updates: Defragment and remove debris from this complex but crucial Windows file.
- Expert advice: Personalized performance and security recommendations for your system.
- Undelete: Recover files you accidentally deleted.
- Help protect your privacy: Remove traces of Internet browsing history.
- Perform Security Scans: Examine and provide security status for your anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and Windows.
- File shredder and encryptor: Permanently delete files and folders and lock up private files with encryption.
- Startup manager: Identify unnecessary start up items that slow you down.
- Maintenance scheduler: Allow users to schedule automatic maintenance in advance.
- Browsers: Internet Explorer 6.0 with Service Pack 2 or later
- Operating Systems: Microsoft© Windows XP with Service Pack 3 installed/Vita/Win 7 (either 32- or 64-bit)
- 512 MB of RAM and 150 MB of disk space